South Africa has once again been hit by a large scale rollout of loadshedding. All across the country, we’ve had to adapt in one way or another in order to ensure that we are able to make food, go shopping, have warm water and more. Business is also suffering the brunt of Eskom’s lack of capacity. Small, medium and micro-enterprises (SMMEs) are the economic lifeblood of the country. The sector is providing employment to more than eight million South Africans spread across close to five million formal and informal SMMEs, contributing 40% turnover of all enterprises in the country. Without power, the small business owner is rendered helpless, losing thousands of rands with each instance of loadshedding.
The quickest way to reduce grid power consumption is to change your conventional lighting system to a LED lighting system.
Benefits of switching over to LED lighting for your business.
1. LED lights save money. In addition to energy-efficient cost reduction, LEDs lower maintenance costs by reducing the need to replace bulbs and pay disposal fees. Also, rebates can offset the upfront costs of installation for your business.
2. LED lights last longer. Life Cycles of LEDs are measured in tens of thousands of hours, which is exponentially longer than other lights. Even after exceeding the rated number of hours, you still get sufficient light from LEDs as they begin to fade.
3. LEDs are better for lighting. LEDs provide great colour rendering, sharper focus, and enhanced ambient lighting to improve your facility’s appearance and give customers and employees a better overall experience.
4. LEDs provide a better work environment. LED lighting is glare-free and less tiring on your eyes. Because of this, business owners will find it improves and promotes workplace productivity which increases employee satisfaction. Also, unlike legacy lighting such as mercury-filled fluorescent tubes, LED lights do not shatter, improving safety in the workplace.
5. LEDs are easy to upgrade. Let Straits show you how these shatterproof and mercury-free solutions are the best choices for your business.
6. LEDs are energy efficient. By reducing CO2 emissions and efficiently converting electricity into light, LEDs are better for the environment and can cut energy consumption by upwards of 70 percent. Lights are essential to business and carry an ongoing cost.
So why not make a change that’s good for your bottom line and the environment too? As a distributor of commercial and industrial lighting products, we understand the benefits of LEDs, particularly for a business with extensive lighting needs.
The technology group Wärtsilä will convert the close to 90 MW Bel-Air power plant in Dakar, Senegal to operate on…
Financial close heralds start of construction of a modern state-of-the-art Liquefied Petroleum Gas cylinder manufacturing plant. Bluedrop expected to create 110…
For 50 years hydrogen has been championed as a clean-burning gas that could help reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The idea of a…