My Clean Green Home: Call for partners
The City of Cape Town (CCT), with support from the Green Building Council South Africa (GBCSA), have co-created a design competition for the ultimate “clean green home”. This competition is targeted at students and professionals of the built environment and forms part of the Cape Town Future Energy Festival, a series of virtual event experiences designed to include all Capetonians in the city’s future energy story.
The virtual festival runs until January 2021 and will culminate in a physical event in the first quarter of 2021 at which the winning My Clean Green Home design will be constructed and displayed. The brief is to design a net-zero carbon unit for display and exhibition purposes.
The Future Energy Festival is seeking project partnership and support in the means of building materials, appliances, furniture, and building-related services to support this unit being fully realised. A net-zero carbon building is defined as “a building that is highly energy-efficient, and the remaining energy use is from renewable energy, preferably on-site but also off-site where absolutely necessary, so that there are zero net carbon emissions on an annual basis”.
Quantities of materials will be finalised in December once the design is completed. Closing date for project partnership submissions is 30 November 2020. Project partnership terms will be concluded by 30 January 2021 when the construction of the My Clean Green Home will be completed.
Project partners will receive the following marketing opportunities:
Association with the Cape Town Future Energy Festival and net-zero carbon design:
An opportunity to showcase your product and align your offering with energy-efficient and net-zero carbon goals.
Physical display opportunities in the unit itself: Each project partner will be given a space of 1 x A3 (portrait orientation) on the display unit near where their product is being used to educate the reader about the product and advertise your company. Include links & QR codes. Project partners are to provide their own artwork printed on card and laminated. Final artwork is subject the festival organiser’s approval. In addition, there may be a project partner wall as part of the unit, pending final design, and space allowances.
Acknowledgement and thanks in My Clean Green Home communication on the festival’s digital platforms, including the website and social media channels (at least 2 social media posts acknowledging all project partners) and any other My Clean Green Home communication material that is developed.
Please see the list of items below and get involved by completing this form
We are seeking project partners and support in supplying the following items:
- Roof sheeting
- Guttering & downpipes
- Insulation to walls & roofing
- Ceiling boards
- Sisilation Roof timbers (structural timbers & battens)
- PV Panels & battery pack Geyser / Solar water heater
- Light switches & wiring
- Indoor lights – LED Outdoor lights – LED / solar
- Sanware: taps Sanware: shower rose & base
- Sanware: sink & basin taps
- Sanware: toilet Plumbing services
- Electrical services
- DB Board
- Doors & windows (timber option)
- Doors & windows (aluminum option)
- Glazing to doors & windows
- Sanware: kitchen sink & taps
- Joinery: Kitchen countertops
- Joinery: Bedroom
- Joinery: study/utility cupboard
- Joinery: kitchen
- Appliances: Fridge
- Appliances: Washing Machine
- Appliances: Stove (gas) hob & oven
- Appliances: kettle / toaster / microwave
- Water tank & reticulation
- Walling boards (internal)
- Walling/cladding (external)
- Floor boards
- Fireplace Paint – low VOC
- Floor & wall tiles & adhesives
- Recycling Bins
- Composting bin
- Washing line
- Furniture: Couch, table, chairs, bed, bedside table, cupboard, bedside light
- Veggie boxes & soil
- Fencing & latte