The event will provide forklift operators with an opportunity to prove their driving skills, compete with others around Johannesburg, win prize money as well as achieve recognition as a champion.
Entries are open for all operators who have a valid Forklift license and can drive either a reach truck or a counterbalanced Forklift Truck in racking. The focus of the competition is on accurate, safe driving skills and knowledge, not on speed. Competitors start with a score of 0 and receive points for errors made, whereas the participant with the lowest number of points becomes the winner.
All participants will receive a certificate of participation, with the winner(s) receiving R20 000 worth of prizes as well as a trophy. The first round of heats for counterbalanced forklift operation will be an online test to assess entrants’ practical skills, theoretical knowledge, attitude and efficiency Lifting Africa and LEEASA want to assist in promoting the importance of inspection, safety and training and reward the safest forklift drivers at Electra Mining Africa.
Electra Mining Africa
For the last five decades, Electra Mining Africa was Southern Africa’s largest, leading mining, electrical, automation, manufacturing, power and transport trade show has given brands the opportunity to create real connections with the people they need for effective, sustainable growth. With its proven track record for driving sales and increasing sales leads, it’s the ultimate platform to showcase the latest products, services, technologies and innovation. Electra Mining Africa 2018 had over 850 exhibitors with 29 000+ visitors. Electra Mining 2020 was unfortunately cancelled due to Covid.
Lifting Africa magazine
Lifting Africa is the official magazine for the Lifting Equipment Engineering Association of SA (LEEASA). It’s the only magazine in Africa dealing with lifting exclusively. Lifting Africa is dedicated to providing the reader with a platform to discuss and resolve problems and issues relevant to the African lifting industry. The magazine is seen as the voice of the lifting industry by all loyal readers of the print copy as well as the online magazine, website and bi-weekly newsletters.
The Lifting Equipment Engineering Association of SA (LEEASA) was formed by concerned industry individuals in 2003. The Association is concerned that this industry, which is inherently dangerous, could fall into disrepute if not well run and regulated. The engineering team providing the service should be well trained to the correct standards and be ethical and responsible for their actions. Safety should be paramount. Since its inception, LEEASA has grown and all Lifting machinery Inspectors (LMI) are encouraged to join.
Lifting Africa and LEEASA are hosting its 3rd lifting conference at Electra Mining Africa. This is a paid for 2-day conference where ECSA registered LMIs will receive 2 CPD points for attending both days.
Sponsorship opportunities (only one company per industry) in the following sectors
• Racking ad Shelving
• Load testing
• Forklift Attachments
Benefits to sponsors
• Marketing from signing the agreement until the date of the event on www.liftingafrica.co.za, magazine adverts,
adverts on Facebook and LinkedIn
• Event advert banner with all sponsors’ details on Lifting Africa’s bi-weekly newsletter.
• Marketing on the Lifting Equipment WhatsApp group
• Marketing from signing the agreement until the date of the event on www.leeasa.co.za and direct marketing to all
• Press releases to be sent to media partners of Electra Mining
• Extensive coverage of the event for all Electra Mining visitors.
• Email campaign to potential Electra Mining visitors.
• Role players in the forklift industry will receive invitations to enter their top forklift driver.
• During the competition, the sponsors will be able to display company branding at the dedicated competition area.
This will be full exposure for the sponsors during the 5 day event.
• Sales staff from the sponsors will be able to market their company at the competition area for 5 days.